header

Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Queen is Coming to Town

You can find this adorable crown here.

The weeks, days, and hours are quickly jumbling altogether.  I know that this is all my own doing and I should probably just woosah--but that is easier said than done.

I feel as though the Queen is coming to town for a visit.  Everything must be clean and organized at all times (which is a complete 360 from my pre-pregger self who was fine with the "I will get around to it" attitude.)

We had Sofia's room wallpapered yesterday and as soon as the installer left, I ran into the room to do an inspection.  (I swear, I've gone crazy!)  I wanted to make sure that the patterns matched up and that the color was spot on...which it was and I am so so pleased!  

We also had a very special delivery yesterday--Sofia's furniture!  I was so happy that it arrived a few weeks early because I have this fear that Sof will come early and her room won't be ready for her.  (Yeah, yeah, I know.  It's not like she is going to look at me and say "How dare you, Mommy!?", but I still have an overwhelming desire not to disappoint her.  Please tell me this is normal?!)

The crib was supposed to be a beautiful antique white to go along with our shabby chic theme.  (Keyword:SUPPOSED)  As soon as the box made its way upstairs, courtesy of hubs and the delivery guy that I had to bribe, I sliced open the box containing her dresser to find a YELLOW piece of furniture.  I am not talking about slightly off-white, not even cream, this thing is SWEAT-STAIN-YELLOW.  Laugh all you want--I on the other hand probably looked like one of those cartoon characters that have steam blowing out of their ears and sweet hubs had on what I like to call his "Sour Patch Tinn" face.  It looks something like this...
 

It was almost as if someone was playing a mean joke on me but decided that they had had enough, because when I called the company this morning, (I waited until the morning so I could have a chance to calm down...oh gosh, who am I kidding, I called them right away last night but it was 10pm and they were closed), I was connected to a sweet lady who thought my furniture must be defective and informed me that they would come pick up the boxes, free of charge, and give me a 100% refund.  (Can I get a hallelujah!?)

So we are back to square one, and the Queen does not have a place to sleep or a dresser to store her clothes, but we will get there.  We have nothing but time and I have a hunch that Sofia is going to prefer to be in her Mommy and Daddy's arms over a crazy ol' crib anyway!
Thank goodness I have two moms, and yes, they both received a call. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.