header

Thursday, January 26, 2012

28 Weeks: The Final Countdown


Well hello there 3rd Trimester, I have been looking forward to meeting you!

Yesterday marked the start of my 28th week of pregnancy. 83 days to go..Yea!!  Sofia is 2.25lbs-3lbs and is about 14.8 inches long, the size of a Chinese cabbage.  (I had to google that to get a mental image.)  My pregnancy app tells me that this is the start of the hardest, most uncomfortable time of pregnancy.  (Thanks for the optimism!)

How far along:  28 Weeks
Total Weight Gain:  17 lbs (I swear I am carrying around 14lbs of water weight..yuck!)
Maternity Clothes:  Just a few, but I  should probably buy some more.  Yesterday, the little boy I nanny for told me, "Miss Sara, your shirt is really stretched out."  Thanks buddy! :)
Sleep:  Sleep is tough with the hip pain and constantly being congested at night.
Best moment this week:  We purchased NEW nursery furniture...this time I made sure that it was white, not yellow.  We hung a chandelier in the corner of the room, too.  I am thinking about switching rooms with her.
Miss anything:  Running.  I keep having dreams that I am running long distances....sigh.
Movement:  Lots of movement!
Food Cravings:  Water!!  I can't seem to get enough of it.  Also, citrus fruits, especially grapefruit.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope.
Labor Signs:  Still having Braxton Hicks contractions a couple times a day but I don't notice them most of the time.
Symptoms:  Hip pain, heartburn, fatigue.
Belly Button in or out:  I call it my "inbetweenie," it's not sure yet what is wants to do.
Wedding Rings on or off: On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy!
Looking forward to:  We are taking our parents with us tonight to have a 4D ultrasound done...can't wait to share the experience with them and to see a sneak peak of our little girl! I hope Sofia is a little ham like her mama and puts on a show for us. :)

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.