I'm not sure what it is about the 27th week, but things are drastically different. Everything is bigger and tasks are harder. I rolled out of bed Saturday morning (yes, I had to roll), and put on my favorite Lulu jacket. When I went to zip it up, it felt like someone punched me in the tummy and I suddenly couldn't breathe. (This thing zipped up just fine last week!!) I looked at myself in the mirror, wearing a hodgepodge of different pieces that I found in the bottom of my dresser that still semi-fit, hair all over the place, and pale skin. I could just feel the hormonal tears start to fill up in my eyes. I knew I needed a hug from the hubs, ASAP! I waddled downstairs and the only thing I could say to him was, "Baby, I woke up pregnant." This is when super hubs does his thing, which usually means telling me how pretty he thinks I am and how much he loves me and then he puts Stella on my lap and tells her to give me kisses. This always fixes everything...for the time being. :)
Although, as soon as I feel my little girl moving around and kicking from inside me, I know, without a doubt, that this is all SO worth it and I'd do it again and again for her...big belly, bloated arms, pale skin, sleepiness, nausea and ALL! Pregnancy is a blessing and one of God's greatest miracles.
How far along: 27 weeks (91 days to go!)
Total Weight Gain: 16 lbs (We both had a growth spurt this week!)
Maternity Clothes: It looks like I need to invest in some new workout clothes.
Sleep: There is so much going on right now, trying to get the house completed in the next month so we can unwind and relax, that I have missed out on some sleep. My bed is calling my name!
Best moment this week: We had the nursery painted as well as her bathroom. We also picked up a white chaise from my parent's house that was in my old room and it is nestled in the nursery now. Hubs finished up the chandelier wiring, and I ordered her stroller!! (I wish I could ride around in this thing.) It is starting to come together. :)
Miss anything: Boot Camp and running. If I have to do one more pregger burpie... (Trust me, they are as awkward as they sound.) Also, I would love to indulge in some sushi...yum!
Movement: Lots of movement. Sofia is getting bigger and stronger.
Food Cravings: Fluids...this week it was Diet Root Beer. So weird, I know! (See photo below.)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Starting to feel sick in the evenings again.
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks contractions started on Saturday. They completely freaked me out. Luckily they are not accompanied by any pain..yet!
Symptoms: Hip pain, heartburn, nausea and fatigue.
Belly Button in or out: Still working its way on out.
Wedding Rings on or off: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! (With an occasional hormonal outburst. Totally warranted, right?!)
Looking forward to: Sofia's furniture is being delivered tomorrow. I can't wait to see it in her room! (I think her furniture might be nicer than our bedroom furniture...oh wait, it is!)
I can't believe I am showing this post-spin photo that the hubs took...but this is THE lulu jacket and my diet rootbeer.
My life this week in a nutshell.
Have a wonderful week!
xo










No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.